Friday, March 03, 2006


Thoughts on "trips to the alter"..........

OK - truth be told (don't we ALWAYS tell the truth??)...... after two attempts, I've never made that long walk! However, I have hiked/walked in the Himalayas and spent 3 weeks above 10,000 feet. In my mind, that's likely easier than the walk down to the alter!

With my first "attempt", I noticed that I would throw up every time after we would check out a place to get married. Finally, after 10 years off and on (more off than on - hey! Carrie Bradshaw and Big in "sex in the city" have nothing on us) - we finally called it off, well, I called it off and then asked him to stop calling me.

The second "attempt" was really doomed from the start - who was I kidding? and furthermore, what was I thinking of???

With both guys, I would have been wife #3 - again, what in the world was I thinking of???????

I love the photo above. Likely, that's how it would go down for me should it ever happen. But then, I was never one of those girls who stared at BRIDE magazine and dreamed of cooking meatloaf for my husband. My dreams involved great sex, travel and good companionship. And you know, those have all come true!

I'm off to make new dreams now!
Ciao!

2 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Montana Hermit said...

Hey Hon, when are you gonna post again? I' ve read your current, and it doesn't change... I am starved for enlightenment!

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

....as i said, why buy the whole pig when all you want/get, is a little sausage? oh dear... did i cross the line of decency? oh well...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home