Saturday, February 24, 2007

I could not have said it better!


I found this yesterday and burst out laughing wanting to send it to all of my best girlfriends. Many of you have/are facing life-threatening illness/treatments, recovering from life-threatining illness/treatments, relationships, marriages, kids, careers, education and just the plain old wear and tear of living in this world right now.
This sums it up - this is the "pull yerself up by yer bootstraps and get over it". There is no self-help book, class, DVD, drug or drink that can take the place of well-placed lipstick or just a good joke with the good women who walk this world today. I am blessed beyond measure to know a whole world full of women who are standing tall with integrity and grace.
I commend all of you who have touched my life!
My friend Peter tells me that he just CAN'T resist kissing a woman wearing fresh lipstick - it took me a couple of attempts to get out the door before I figured this one out and decided that the only way to get him to the airport was to NOT wear lipstick!
Yeh - this is a bit on the "light" side but I'm ready for the sun and some of those lovely bulbs to burst through the rotting leaves to be a bright color in the midst of the gray!

4 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband HATES lipstick. Not that I wear it that much (and didn't before I met him really). It was always more about the eyes for me.

Came over working through the Finding Water List. Nice to meet you!

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Ang said...

Hi, I'm visiting you from Finding Water, just been reading a few of your posts. Your previous one "Thoughts - ending up with my cousin Dave" has left me in tears.
I agree we really should praise people whilst they are still alive.

Hope you are well.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hello, just stopped by after finding you on the FW list. I like your story about Dave ... we should definatley praise people while they are alive. And I love your opening quote from HH Dalai Lama. Nice to meet you, E.

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am TOTALLY with you on this one. I spent my girlhood watching my mom and her friends put on their lipstick and there was something magic about it - like "now I am ready for whatever the world is going to throw my way." I couldn't wait to be able to do it myself, and I do several times a day. It's like a moment of thought and preparation for whatever is to come next. I totally get it!

Love -

Your twin :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home