Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy 100th Birthday Grannie!


That's my Grannie on the far right - taking my Mom (on her right) to do the town in San Francisco.
The woman wearing the hat - Grannie's first cousin Mannie - one of her best friends and co-conspirators!
I'm lucky to have known all three of these women AND, Mannie's grand-daughter Barb & I hiked the Chilkoot Trail in Alaska, August 2008. We toasted our Grannies at the Summit - drank Crown Royale and said we'd always plan to do this on our great hikes.
It's good to know where I come from - these are good women, strong women, competent women who took the world by the balls and asked for names later.

1 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

Bonnie!

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello - and spreading a wonderful message while you're at it.

I'm not surprised strong, secure, competent women run in the family - you had to get it from somewhere, right? ;)

Wishing you happiness, and Happy Easter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home